Listen Carefully Official Contest Rules and Guidelines
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. The Listen Carefully Video Contest is designed to give students ages 13 – 18 at an accredited U.S.-based middle school or high school their chance to create a 30-second digital video public service announcement about noise-induced hearing loss. Each contest Entrant will submit original video submission up to 45 seconds in length (30 seconds of the original footage and 15 seconds of the closing video title provided in the contest starter kit). The top 3 (three) finalists will receive prizes and be featured on Listen Carefully and Starkey Hearing Foundation media outlets, including but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube, and websites, and in public media outlets.
- TIMELINE. By participating in this contest, entrants agree to be bound by the official terms and conditions.
- The contest submission period begins November 15, 2015 at 12:01 AM PST and ends January 11, 2016 at 11:59 PM PST. Eligibility is defined in Section 2 of contest terms and conditions.
- The contest judging period begins January 16th, 2016, and ends February 8th, 2016. Judging is contingent upon Section 4 of Listen Carefully Official Contest Rules.
- The notification period for grand prize winners begins February 22nd, 2016, and ends February 29th, 2016. All prize winners will be notified through the original email used to create their Listen Carefully account and on Listen Carefully website. Winners who do not respond within the designated time frame of one week from the original email date will forfeit their prizes to the next eligible winner. If Entrant is submitting as a team, prizes will go to the account holder of the email address used to create the Listen Carefully account.
- VIDEO SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS. Entrants must adhere to Section 3 of Listen Carefully Terms and Conditions. Entrants must submit an up-to-45-second digital video public service announcement (including the provided 15-second closing video title) about noise-induced hearing loss no later than 11:59 PM PST January 11, 2016 to be eligible to enter. Submissions must be original and contain no reference or performance of copyrighted media. Entrants must submit videos in the following file formats: .MOV, .MPEG4, .MP4, .AVI, .WMV, .MPEGPS, .FLV, .3GPP, WebM, and other formats eligible for YouTube transcription. Only one entry per person or team allowed. Maximum of 3 (three) students from the same school per team allowed. Multiple teams with original submissions from the same schools are allowed.
- JUDGING. Winning videos are selected through public votes on Listen Carefully’s official contest website. The winner will be determined by the number of public “likes” (votes) collected and tallied on the contest’s digital platform accessible at www.listencarefully.org/video-contest; only one “like” (vote submission) per person per day per log-in platform is allowed (eligible and available log-in platforms are: Facebook, Google, Twitter, and Listen Carefully account); Starkey Hearing Foundation contest auditors and digital experts will certify the contest’s winner(s) and ensure the transparency and legality of votes (“likes”) entry and submission process. In the event of a tie, additional voting time will be added (in 48-hour increments), until the first-place winner is identified. The winners will be notified via submission emails between February 22, 2016 and February 29, 2016.
- PRIZES REDEMPTION. The grand prize winner(s) will receive a GoPro camera(s) and an admittance to Maddie and Tae’s private concert to be given at the grand prize winner’s school between May 16th, 2016 and May 20th, 2016, and if the school’s premises are not available, at a venue in the geographic area near the winner’s school determined at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. The winner’s school will have one month from the notification period to accept the grand prize. In the event that the school does not accept the grand prize, the grand prize will be given to the next eligible winner. In the event that Maddie and Tae are not able to perform, a substitute performer may take their place. Second prize winner will receive a GoPro camera and a paid trip to attend the concert, scheduled and paid by Starkey Hearing Foundation within two months of notification period end date. Third prize winner will receive a GoPro camera and a paid trip to attend the concert, scheduled and paid by Starkey Hearing Foundation within two months of notification period end date. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each GoPro camera is $349.99 and ARV of each trip will be determined by the individual itinerary and shall not exceed $4,500.