- Kids today are losing their hearing faster than their grandparents!
- 1 in 6 American teens has noise-induced hearing loss.
- Once lost, hearing does not come back. Noise-induced hearing loss is permanent.
- As little as 10 seconds at a concert or stadium can damage your hearing.
- In New York Times Square – your hearing can be damaged faster than the ball drops; New Year fireworks in Times Square top out at 150 decibels—that’s only 4 seconds until permanent hearing damage!
- Ears ringing in the New Year? Life is louder than it’s ever been in human history, and is only getting louder and louder.
- Noise-induced hearing loss costs the U.S. economy $186 billion EACH YEAR, due to hindered productivity.
- Without hearing – it’s hard to enjoy your favorite holiday tune (or avoid getting run over by a reindeer).
- What’s the final, most awesome reason to protect your hearing these holidays? Because Aloe Blacc said so! Help raise awareness to win a private concert for you and your friends! Find out how!
To find our how you can win an Aloe Blacc private concert for you and your friends by raising the awareness check out www.listencarefully.org/video-contest – submissions deadline: January 6, 2015!